Minimally and Non-Invasive Procedures at Trios
Depending on your health needs, your doctor may refer you for one or more services at the Trios Cardiovascular Catheterization and Interventional Radiology Lab—simply referred to as the cath lab—at Trios Hospital. The Trios Cath Lab provides a variety of minimally and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in both inpatient and outpatient situations.
Wide Range of Services
Interventional radiology is an alternative to invasive surgery. It helps diagnose or treat many cardiac and other medical conditions by using X-rays, ultrasound, CT scans, or other imaging techniques to guide tiny tubes, stents, wires, or other very small devices through tiny punctures in the skin. Recovery time from these percutaneous procedures is faster than more invasive methods.
Highly trained interventional radiologists and cardiology staff provide many important services at the Trios Cath Lab.
- Foreign body retrieval
- Port installation
- Repositioning or stripping of catheters.
- Cryotherapy / radiofrequency / microwave ablation of tumors
- Needle biopsies.
- Percutaneous placement of gastrostomy feeding tubes
- Embolization for gastrointestinal bleeding.
Kidney, Reproductive, and Urinary Care:
- Abdominal aortogram
- Coronary angioplasty and stenting
- Loop recorder implantation
- Pacemaker insertion
- Peripheral angiograms
- Tilt-table test
- Transesophageal echocardiograms.
Liver and Gallbladder Care:
- Fistulogram and intervention
- Hemodialysis catheter insertions (short- and long-term)
- Nephrostomy tube placements
- Nephroureteral stents
Uterine fibroid embolization.
- Biliary stents
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiograms
- TIPS (transjugular intra-hepatic porto-systemic shunt)
- Transjugular liver biopsy.
- Joint, epidural, and facet injections
- Vertebroplasty & kyphoplasty.
- Facet joint injections
- Vertebroplasty & kyphoplasty.
- Angioplasty and vascular stenting
- Inferior vena cava filter (IVC) placement and removal
- Revascularization for non-healing lower extremity
- Venous access devices (medi-ports, central lines, long- and short-term dialysis catheters.
Visit the Society of Interventional Radiology for more details about specific cath lab services.
Imaging technology is at the heart of vascular and interventional radiology. And when it comes to something as critical as health of our patients, only the best will do.
Our world-class interventional cath lab offers excellence in both imaging technology and equipment design. The cath lab at Trios Hospital provides physicians with comprehensive vascular images for a broad range of diagnostic and interventional procedures, while prioritizing and enhancing patient safety and comfort.
Highly advanced Trios Cath Lab technology helps:
- Decrease exam time
- Minimize patient radiation exposure
- Maintain patient comfort
- Achieve superior imaging performance
- Contribute to your best possible results and care.
Trios currently uses the Philips Allura Xper FD20/10 biplane cardiovascular X-ray system, which supports the full spectrum of cardiac and vascular interventions. Among its advantages, the system:
- Enables precise positioning
- Minimizes procedure time
- Reduces X-ray dose
- Provides a wide range of viewing angles
- Includes automatic, touchless safety sensing.
Other Trios Resources
Trios offers other related services that you may find helpful. Learn more about: