It's hard to know what's happening inside your body. It can be troubling when it feels like something is wrong. Millions of people have symptoms that have important medical explanations. Many times these can only be discovered—and effectively treated—with proper screening. Having an endoscopy can change your life.
Endoscopy uses an advanced medical instrument called an endoscope. It is inserted directly into a hollow organ or body cavity, like the stomach, to see inside. Endoscopy is often used to:
- Investigate symptoms, mostly in the digestive system
- Perform a biopsy
- Remove polyps or foreign objects
- Repair bleeding vessels.
The Trios Endoscopy Center has locations at the Trios Care Center at Vista Field and at the hospital. Both have the latest technology and caring medical staff with experience in a variety of outpatient procedures.
Trios Endoscopy Center Services
Endoscopy is typically used to diagnose and treat gastrointestinal problems, but it can be used for many other parts of the body. The Trios Endoscopy Center offers both diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures, including:
- Upper endoscopy or EGD (esophagogastroduodenoscopy)
- Esophageal dilation for strictures
- Bravo™ pH monitoring
- Gastrointestinal bleed intervention
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) tube insertion and replacement
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)*
*Performed at the hospital.
Your gastroenterologist must schedule your Trios Endoscopy Center procedures.
Trios Endoscopy Center staff members are experts in endoscopic procedures, with special training in:
- Conscious sedation
- Endoscopy care
- Infection control standards
- Proper equipment maintenance and processing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Our goal is to keep you as comfortable as possible during your care.
Advanced Technology for Precise Results
The Trios Endoscopy Center uses the latest equipment, including:
- Olympus Endoworks Advanced Reporting™ with remote viewing access
- Olympus high-definition endoscopes
- Narrow band imaging
- Spacelabs monitoring technology in all patient care areas
- Capnography availability in every procedure room.
Most insurance companies, including Medicare, cover services at the Trios Endoscopy Center with a referral. Check with your insurance company to determine your level of coverage, or call 509-221-7000 and ask for Patient Financial Services.