If you're admitted to the hospital, you need a specialized care plan that involves the guidance of a dedicated physician. But what if your primary care provider is not available or does not have the proper clearance to see you as an inpatient—or what if you don't currently have one?
The Trios Health Hospitalist Program is designed to help in any situation where a primary care provider is not available to help when you are admitted to the hospital. Our hospitalists are board certified internal medicine specialists who provide complete, compassionate care for adult and pediatric patients in the hospital.
Comprehensive Inpatient Care
Trios hospitalists are qualified to manage a broad range of general and specialized medical situations, including but not limited to:
- Cardiovascular disease (including myocardial infarction, arrhythmias, hypertension, coronary artery disease, chest pain, and congestive heart failure)
- Chronic illness
- Consultative peri-operative care for medical problems (including diabetes, hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, and anemia)
- Critical care treatment (including sepsis, shock, acute renal failure, acute lung conditions, asthma, COPD, and pneumonia)
- Evaluation and treatment of transient ischemic attack and stroke.
Trios Health's Hospitalist Program services include:
- Care from a board certified healthcare provider who will attend to your medical needs while hospitalized, whether or not you have an available primary care physician.
- Assistance with continuity of care following your hospital stay. This may include helping connect you to a primary care provider if you don't already have one or providing transitional support, including social services and other identified follow-up care needs.
The Value of a Hospitalist Program
Hospitalist programs can improve your healthcare experience in a number of ways, including:
- Providing the most up-to-date, evidence-based inpatient care for acute medical conditions
- Reducing the length of your hospital stay
- Lowering your hospital costs
- Increasing the speed at which you receive physician attention once admitted
- Enhancing communication with your primary care provider
- Connecting you with appropriate follow-up resources upon hospital discharge.
Trios Health's Intensivist Program is an inpatient service exclusively for Intensive Care Unit (ICU) patients. The Program offers 24/7 coverage by physicians with specialized training in critical care medicine who provide undivided attention to the comprehensive evaluation and management of critically ill patients in the Trios ICU. Intensivist programs are designed to improve patient outcomes and decrease medical complications, in turn shortening the length of hospital stays and reducing costs for all parties.