Occupational therapy may be recommended to help care for the following issues that can affect your quality of life and ability to complete everyday tasks:
- Acute and chronic injuries to the upper extremities, including all types of fractures
- Impairments affecting fine motor coordination
- Ligament and tendon repairs (hand, wrist, elbow, or shoulder)
- Neurological disorders
- Post-operative total joint replacement of the shoulder
- Vision problems (visual neglect and visual field cuts)
- Work hardening/work conditioning.
In-home occupational therapy services are available to eligible Trios Home Health Care patients.
Specialized Team, Personalized Approach
Occupational therapists are skilled professionals who work to restore function, rebuild strength, and alleviate pain. Using a variety of tools and techniques as part of an individualized therapy program, your Trios occupational therapist will help you enhance your independence in completing meaningful activities including:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) including tasks such as grooming, bathing, eating, dressing, and toileting
- Instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs) including laundry, housekeeping, financial management, shopping, and meal preparation
- Rest and sleep
- Social participation.
Together, you and your therapy team will:
- Assess your specific needs
- Set treatment goals to maximize your results
- Monitor your progress and modify as needed
- Develop a long-term fitness, health, and wellness program to fit your lifestyle.
You will achieve optimal results by contributing as an active member of your care team, both during therapy and beyond in your daily life.
Most insurance companies cover occupational therapy with a referral from a recognized healthcare provider.