Diabetes Education & Management
Learning to Manage Your Diabetes
Living with diabetes poses unique challenges, but it doesn't have to stop you from enjoying a full life. With proper management and lifestyle consistency, many people diagnosed with diabetes are able to continue living healthy, active lives.
The Trios Diabetes Education program is designed to help you:
Prevent complications. There are many possible diabetes-related health complications. These complications can often be prevented, or significantly reduced, through proper blood glucose level management. Our program gives you the information and tools you need to expertly manage your diabetes.
Improve and maintain quality of life. Our goal is to help you live a life free of diabetes-related complications. With proper self-management, you can enjoy a long, full, rewarding life.
Minimize diabetes-related healthcare costs. Effective diabetes self-management costs much less than treatment for complications associated with poorly controlled diabetes.
As a participant in the Trios Diabetes Education program, you will receive and work through a personalized education plan that may include any or all of the following based on your specific needs:
- Understanding your personal diabetes diagnosis, treatment course, and medications
- Nutrition education and customized meal planning
- Assistance with diabetes monitoring and control
- Routine A1C monitoring and progress tracking
- Development of an activity plan
- Diabetes foot screening
- Healthy coping skills and problem-solving
- Pre-conception and pregnancy care for existing diabetics
- Care during pregnancy for gestational diabetes.
Different aspects of your personalized education program are offered in individual and class settings so that you can choose what works best for you.
Expert Diabetes Education Team
The Trios Diabetes Education team includes:
- Certified Diabetes Educators
- Registered Dietitians
- Registered Nurses.
Trios takes a multi-disciplinary, holistic approach to your diabetes care. We partner with your physician, pharmacist, and other healthcare experts as needed to ensure you receive the best possible care.
The Trios Diabetes Education team empowers you to take control of your diabetes so you can enjoy your life.
Advanced Diabetes Care
In addition to our basic program curriculum, we also offer advanced services including:
- Certified diabetes insulin pump program
- Continuous glucose monitoring for personal and professional users
- Day camp, a fun and engaging experience that is held annually for children with type 1 diabetes
- Pediatric diabetes care.
The Trios Diabetes Education program is approved by Medicare and Medicaid, as well as by most private health insurance plans. Check with your insurance provider to learn about your coverage, and feel free to call us at 509-221-5442 with any questions.