Treatment of the Kidneys
Your kidneys are vital to your health. They often work with other organs, primarily of the endocrine system, to perform several important regulatory roles in your body, including:
- Serving as natural blood filters, removing and sending wastes to your bladder to become urine
- Helping your body reabsorb vital nutrients from filtered material—including water, glucose, and amino acids—by returning them back to your bloodstream
- Regulating your body's acid-base (pH) balance, electrolyte concentrations, and extracellular fluid volume, which is largely responsible for long-term blood pressure regulation
- Producing hormones.
Nephrology is the medical specialty devoted to the understanding, diagnosis, and treatment of problems affecting kidney function. There are many different kidney conditions that range in severity from minor to life-threatening. If you need specialized kidney care, Trios Nephrology is here to help.
Trios Health Complete Kidney Care
Our skilled team of nephrologists offer kidney care to patients age 16 and over for a wide range of conditions including:
- Acute and chronic forms of glomerulonephritis
- Acute and chronic kidney diseases, including toxic nephropathies, kidney stones/nephrolithiasis, and secondary forms of hypertension
- Acute drug nephritis or kidney injury
- Acute kidney injury or failure
- Chronic kidney disease or failure
- Chronic urinary tract infection
- Connective tissue disorders with renal impacts
- Cystic kidney diseases, including polycystic kidney disease
- Diabetes with renal manifestations
- Electrolyte imbalance and metabolic acidosis
- End stage kidney failure and dialysis care
- Hypertensive kidney disease
- Interstitial nephritis
- Pre- and post-transplant kidney care
- Proteinuric kidney disease
- Vascular disorders of the kidneys.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Kidney Conditions
In addition to full-service laboratory and diagnostic imaging services, we offer minimally invasive procedures to assist with the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disorders in the Trios Cardiovascular Catheterization Lab.
There are many different treatment options available for kidney conditions. Your nephrologist will determine which tests and treatments are appropriate for you.
In the event of a renal cancer diagnosis, Trios Hematology & Oncology specialists and your nephrologist will work together to give you the best, most informed care possible.