24-Hour Surgery Center
The Trios Surgery Center provides exceptional, personalized inpatient and outpatient surgical care. Our experienced, caring doctors and medical nurses are backed by advanced technology and outstanding diagnostic capabilities.
Most planned procedures occur during the day, but the surgical suites at Trios Surgery Center are diligently prepped and staffed around the clock with:
The Trios Surgery Center medical staff enjoys helping improve the lives and health of those in our community. They ensure every patient receives the compassionate care they deserve.
Most surgeons in the Tri-Cities area can operate at the Trios Surgery Center.
Advanced Surgical Services
The Trios Surgical Center provides a range of surgical services in areas including:
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT)—such as tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy, sinus surgery
- Gastrointestinal—such as bowel resection, cholecystectomy, fundoplication
- General—a variety of services such as hernia repair, gallbladder removal
- Gynecological—such as hysterectomy, tubal ligation
- Obesity (bariatric)—weight-loss surgery
- Obstetric—such as cesarean section (C-section)
- Oncological—removing tumors, such as in a mastectomy
- Orthopedic—such as joint replacement, repairing bone or joint trauma
- Plastic—such as breast augmentation, skin grafts, liposuction
- Trauma—repairing injuries or wounds*
- Urological—such as prostatectomy, vasectomy
- Vascular—such as repairing aortic aneurysms.
*Trios is certified to provide personnel and resources according to Level III Trauma Service requirements for adult and pediatric patients.
Advanced Surgical Technology
The Trios Surgery Center uses techniques and technologies that provide important patient benefits, including:
da Vinci Robotic Surgery System
- Offers surgeons even greater precision using a magnified 3D high-definition vision system and tiny wristed instruments that bend and rotate far greater than the human hand.
- Allows surgeons to operate with just a few small incisions and with enhanced vision, precision, and control.
- Represents the latest in surgical and robotics technologies, translating your surgeon's hand movements into smaller, precise movements of tiny instruments inside your body.
Procedures currently offered at Trios Health using the da Vinci system:
- Complex colon and rectal procedures
- Foregut procedures
- Inguinal and ventral hernia repair
- Single incision cholecystectomy.
Trios Medical Group surgeon Ernesto Dizon Jr., MD (pictured) is the first in the Tri-Cities trained to perform advanced general surgery procedures using the da Vinci robotic surgery system.
Bispectral Index™ Monitor
- Tracks the effects of anesthesia on the brain, providing a measure of patient consciousness during surgery.
- Helps anesthesiologists administer optimal amounts of anesthesia during surgery.
- The only such technology cleared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Views the torso's interior through a long, slender tube with a camera and light that is inserted through the abdominal wall.
- Uses several small incisions instead of one large incision.
- Causes less pain, has a quicker recovery time, requires a shorter hospital stay, and lowers infection risk.