Trios Urgent eCare is a telemedicine service offered by Trios Health that allows you to receive no-appointment care for common minor illnesses any time of the day or night by telephone or using a mobile device or computer with internet access and video chat capabilities. It provides a convenient, low cost care alternative when your primary care provider is unavailable and an urgent care facility is either closed or inconvenient to access.
How it Works
Using Trios Urgent eCare is simple and convenient. Just follow these three easy steps.
- Visit this page (trioshealth.org/UrgentEcare) or www.trioshealth.org/Access to request a visit online, or call 1-888-TRIOS03 (1-888-874-6703) to request a visit by phone.
- Provide the requested personal and payment information.
- Wait for your Trios Urgent eCare provider to contact you using the method of your choice—telephone or video chat (i.e. Skype or FaceTime). This will typically happen within 30 minutes of your request.
- Available 24/7
- No appointment required
- Be treated without leaving home
- Providers can call in prescriptions—except narcotics or refills—or assist with additional referrals
- Flat service fee of $39 per visit.*
*If your Trios Urgent eCare provider determines that you need in-person care within the first three minutes of your visit, you will not be charged a service fee.
Trios Urgent eCare is recommended for common minor conditions that can be assessed verbally and/or using the camera technology on your computer or mobile device. The most common conditions include:
- Athlete's Foot
- Back Pain
- Bladder Infection
- Ear Pain
- Eye Issues
- Insect Bites
- Pink Eye
- Scrapes and Bruises
- Sinus Symptoms
- Sore Throat
- Stomach Flu
- Urinary Tract Infection in Adult Women
- Yeast Infection
- and much more.
Your Trios Urgent eCare provider will always assess your condition individually, and based on your unique circumstances including the severity of the illness, may need to refer you for in-person care for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Insurance Coverage and Reimbursement
Though Trios Health does not bill and cannot guarantee payment from your insurance company for Trios Urgent eCare services, your Trios Urgent eCare providers are credentialed with the following payers:
- First Choice
If your insurance company offers coverage for telemedicine services such as Trios Urgent eCare, you may submit a claim for reimbursement following your plan’s appropriate process. Regardless of your insurance coverage, your Trios Urgent eCare visit will not cost more than the $39 flat fee charged at the time of service.