COVID-19: Patient & Visitor Updates
Trios Health Temporary Policy Visitor Restrictions & Personal Protective Equipment Conservation
Updated March 31, 2023
Trios Health is committed to protecting the health and safety of everyone who walks through our doors. We are continuing to work closely with the Benton-Franklin Health District and following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Effective Nov. 18, 2021, we are pleased to revert to our pre-COVID visiting policy and allow visitors again for most patients. Some restrictions will remain in place, including for COVID-19 patients and ICU patients.
Current visitor restrictions are explained below. Please call 509.221.7000 with any questions regarding the visitor policy.
No patients with COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19 will have visitor(s) with the exception of the below. Each exception will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis for patients near the end-of-life or to help reduce disruptive/unsafe patient behavior. Department Directors/Managers/Supervisors, in consultation with the patient's provider, will determine when visitors will be permitted for a patient with COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 positive patients near death
Patients within 12 hours (as close as the provider can predict) of death or whose condition has deteriorated may have up to a maximum of two family members visit at one time.
- Reducing COVID-19 patient's disruptive/unsafe behavior
Visitors may be permitted into a COVID-19 positive patient's room to help patients with special care needs (i.e., developmentally delayed, post-traumatic stress disorder, etc.) or whose behavior improves when the visitor is present. This decision will be made by the healthcare team, who will consider input from the visitor (home care provider/family member, etc.)
Intensive Care Unit
Up to 2 visitors at any given time for non-COVID patients will be allowed. COVID-19 positive patients will be allowed visual visitation through glass facilitated as staff is available with a maximum of 15 minute intervals. ICU staff may request visitors to leave for specific intervals to facilitate rest periods for patients.
Family Birth Center
COVID-19 positive patients will continue to be allowed one support person
Special Care Nursery
Both parents or a parent with one other visitor (2 max at a time)
Trios Medical Group Clinics and Urgent Care
The number of persons allowed to accompany a patient to an appointment is at the discretion of the provider
COVID-19 Screening Process for Visitors
- Visitor check-in
- Upon arrival, visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before proceeding to a patient's room or Trios Medical Group clinic.
- Visitors will be asked to wear a bracelet identifying them as having gone through the COVID-19 screening process.
- Visitors found inside Trios without a bracelet will be asked to leave Trios. They may re-enter Trios after going through the COVID-19 screening process.
- Visitors are required to wear a mask at all times while in a Trios Health facility. Exceptions are managed on a case-by-case basis by Trios Leadership.
- Isolation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Visitors are required to implement strategies to prevent the spread of disease by washing hands and wearing personal protective equipment upon entering the patient's room to visit
- Staff should educate visitors regarding:
- Washing their hands upon entry and exit of the patient's room
- Purpose of PPE and the appropriate way to don and doff the PPE
- Expectation PPE must be worn at all times while in the patient's room
- Expectation PPE must not be worn outside the patient's room
- Visitors who refuse to don PPE or wear it incorrectly will be asked to leave Trios Health
- PPE Preservation
- Visitors may not use/take more PPE other than what he/she needs to enter a patient's room
- Visitor caught taking PPE or using more PPE than needed for entering a patient's room will be asked to leave
Limited Entry Points
Everyone entering our Trios Southridge Care Center facility should enter through Entrance A when visiting one of our physician clinics for an appointment. Anyone entering our Trios Southridge Hospital may use the main hospital doors or entrance “C”. The main doors operating hours are from 5:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. If arriving after operating hours use the Emergency Room entrance on the south side of the hospital. The emergency entrance is open 24 hours a day.
Effective April 3rd, Masking Mandate Retired
Effective Monday, April 3rd, the State of Washington is retiring the mask mandate.
Trios Health will be moving to a "mask optional" policy throughout our facilities in accordance with the latest Centers for Disease Control guidance. You may choose to wear a mask at any time as an additional precaution to protect yourself and others.
For more information from the CDC on face coverings and how to make your own, click here.
To help limit the spread of COVID-19, we have temporarily closed or limited some services.
Medical Records Information
To request a copy of your medical records:
- Please call Release of Information at 509.221.7006 and leave your name and phone number. We will return your call within 24-48 hours to process your request.
- Please fax your signed authorization to 509.221.5894.
- Please mail your signed authorization to:
- Trios Health
Attn: HIM - Release of Information
3730 Plaza Way
Kennewick, WA 99338
- Trios Health
CIOX Health is a contracted release of information vender here at Trios Health in Health Information Services. Below are the standard fees for producing a copy of your medical records by CIOX Health.
Access Fees for PATIENTS ONLY:
- Electronic records delivered in electronic format $6.50 flat fee, no page limit.
- Electronic records delivered in paper format $.90 labor cost plus $.05 per page.
- Paper records delivered in electronic format $.07 per page.
- Paper records delivered in paper format $.12 per page.
There is no charge for continuity of care if records are sent directly to your physician. Please allow up to 14 business days for processing.
Bistro 52 & Ivy Café
Out of an abundance of caution, Bistro 52 and Ivy Caféare currently open to Trios staff only. Patients and their visitors may order room service by calling extension 7100.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, physician practices are limiting, modifying or postponing the delivery of in-person, non-urgent services, as clinically feasible. However, as the pandemic continues, the use of telehealth is critical to continue assisting our patients. Trios Health is pleased to offer telehealth services that can connect you with a provider without needing to leave your home.
We offer two types of virtual visits:
- Telephonic: Simple check-in with your provider over the phone
- Televideo: Face-to-face visit with your provider using video conferencing. A smartphone or computer with camera and internet connect required for televideo visits.
For many health concerns or maintenance visits, there is no need to wait for the COVID-19 pandemic to pass. Request a telehealth appoint via your patient portal or call your provider's office today to schedule a visit.