Trios gastroenterologists perform a variety of GI procedures, which are usually done at the outpatient, state-of-the-art Trios Endoscopy Center.
- Bravo™ pH monitoring—Upper endoscopy is used to insert a miniature pH capsule into the esophagus to measure acid levels over a three-day period.
- Colonoscopy—An endoscope is inserted into the rectum to identify abnormalities in the colon, and remove any potentially pre-cancerous growths, called polyps.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)—Combines endoscopy and fluoroscopy to examine the pancreatic and main bile ducts.
- Non-endoscopic colon cancer screening—Tests the stool for signs of cancer.
- Upper endoscopy—A tiny video camera on a long, flexible tube—called an endoscope—is inserted through the mouth to look at the upper digestive system, including the esophagus, stomach, and beginning of the small intestine (duodenum).
Your Trios gastroenterologist will guide you every step of the way toward optimal health. If you need surgery, your doctor will coordinate with the Trios Surgery Center. Trios gastroenterologists are on call after hours for patients in and out of the hospital.